Saturday 10 August 2013

FW Baltic Cup Latvia

Aloha dear readers!
I am writting to you from the city where the wind is born - Liepaja. Yesterday we had 4 races in quite rare conditions. The wind was around 18-22 knots for the most of the time and we also had to enjoy the wave up to 2 meters high.
The first challenge was to get out through the shorebreak, which has proven to be quite nasty. More than half of the fleet have broken some piece of their equipment. Luckily I was not one of them.
For my the race was really hard, especialy the upwind part as my 167 wide was trying to take of and fly downwind. Luckily I was very fast on the downwind.
Another important aspect of the race as always was the start. Unfortunately I only managed to get the start right in the first race. On the other races I didn't have enough control of the board to cross the line exactly in time. I finished in 9th, 22nd, 12th and 10th. Now I am standing in 12th place overall, 2nd youth and 1st lithuanian.
The leaderboard:
1) Valentin Brault (boy with good education) FRA 823 is leading even though he did not have chicken strap.
2) Local hero Janis Preiss LAT 23
3) Frenchmen from London Edwy FRA 1642
Today it is raining and no wind.

No comments:

Post a Comment