Monday 15 July 2013

FW Worlds Day 5

The last day of the championship was the most productive as we had 4 races for the gold fleet. Unfortunately the day was not really succesfull for me.
On the start of the first race I was hit away from my board. I was near the RC boat on starboard tack. 5 sec before the start I started pumping to get planning but after a few seconds I felt a really strong hit into my right shoulder. ITA 1111 was trying to fit into the gap between me and the boat, but obviously he didn't managed to do that. Of course I felt in the water and the race was a disaster. I gave a protest and the decision of Jury was favorable for me - ITA 1111 was disqualified and I got a redress ( actually the organizers forgot to write it into the results).

During the second race the wind was quite strong,- around 15knots. Nevertheless due to a good start I was going in TOP 15 up until the third lap ( the course was 3 laps long that race). On third lap I tacked to early and missed the 1st mark and lost about 5 places and then I jibed to early to the downwind mark and I just couldn't make it to the gates, thus I've lost 4 places more. In the end I finished 22nd.
The third race was an average one. Even though I had a good start I made a few tactical mistakes and finished 30th.

The last race was a shitty one. I died on the start and later by trying to get back the positions I wanted I made even more mistakes.

So in overall I finished 32nd. I was the first Lithuanian and the first youth.
The championship was won by Casper Bouman NED 52. Gonzalo Costa Hoevel took 2nd place with Steve Allen in third. Steve also took the first place in Masters division. Antoine Albeau was 2nd in this age group while Arnon Dagan took 3rd.
In youth division second place was taken by Mateo Isaac BRA 767. And third place was taken by my good friend Paulius LTU 718.
Arvydas LTU 789 took 4th place in Grandmasters division.


No comments:

Post a Comment