Monday 13 August 2012

Latvian FW championship Day 2

Today we had just 1 race due to light wind. But this one race made some changes to the leaderboard.
After one canceled race and long time waiting on the water finally we saw the class flag. During the waiting time I have analyzed the course area and I came to the conclusion that wind in the sea is a bit stronger than close to the beach. Before the start the wind shifted and started blowing more from the sea. Considering these to factors I decided to start on starboard even all other TOP 7 sailors were starting on port. After the start I was going alone in clear wind - great. After  sailing for 1,5 - 2 minutes I got a strong header. I sailed into it for about 75meters and tacked. After sailing a couple minutes more and one tack I was first at the upwind mark. In the first lap at the downwind mark I had an amazing lead of about 1km, but after taking the upwind mark I got into a big hole and had to sail very slowly, while the guys from behind were flying in the gust. Even they have got closer to me, at the finish I was about 500 meters in front of Janis Preiss, who was closely folowed by Janis Rencis and Nahoel Abram from Argentina. By the way Nahoel was sailing on 10 meter sail !!! - woa!!!
It was a great competition, thanks everyone.
Final results:
1- LAT 23 - 11 points
2- ARG 1 -  11 points
3- LTU 799 - 15 points
4- LAT 0     - 16 points
Full results
By the way - I was nominated as Latvian Youth championship - yeaaa!!!
:-):-):-):-)
See you in Liepaja.

2 comments: