Saturday 18 August 2012

Baltic Cup Latvia

Hello,
from Liepaja. Yesterday we started the last stage of Baltic Cup. There is 82 registered guys in the fleet.
The wind was picking up slowly. But when we started the first race it was just about 8 knots. I tried to make a fast start from behind, but after I rounded a group of guys from downwind I could go up back to the line. So after a bad start I managed to fight back to 17 th place. I changed the fin for the second race, I took a more powerful one, but the wind increased up to 12-16 knots and I was going deadly slow, so finished 17th again. For the last race I changed back to the faster fin. But first we got massive falstart and afterwards the wind droped. I got caught on the wrong fin again, just like other Lithuanian guys. Anyway, I was determined to get a good race. So I got a nice start and at the top Mark I was 4th, one guy overtook me on the downwind leg, but I was way ahead of other guys. So even they were faster than me they didn't catch me and I finished 5th.
Now I am 10th overal.
Best youth and best Lithuanian.

Gedas LTU 76 - 14th
Mindaugas LTU 646 - 15th
Arvis LTU 789 - 17th
Mantas LTU 13 - 18th

No comments:

Post a Comment