Saturday 11 August 2012

Latvian FW championship

Hello from Pavilosta,
Today we had 5 races in the choppy Baltic sea. The wind was from 8 to 16 knots strong, very gusty.
In the first race I was going first, but jury canceled it due to light wind ( Janis Preiss broke his 12,0 sail in that race).
In the second race or first real race I was going really fast and finished second. The wind was about 10 knots.
During two next races I have made some stupid decisions and finished 7th. I was overstanding the downwind leg immensely.
On the 4th race the wind picked up - over 10 knots. But I was going well didn't make mistakes and finished 4th. ARG - 1 Abram Nahuel, Janis Preiss and Janis Rencis was in front of me.
Luckily I punished them in the last race. Got a great start on starboard, while everyone was strugling on port and came 1st to the upwind mark. Then I just had to hold the lead. I finished with about 500meters lead to second place.
Results
1 - ARG -1   7 points
2 - LAT - 23  9 points
3 - LAT - 0    13 points
4 - LTU - 799   14 points.
13 - LTU 646
20 - LTU 79

No comments:

Post a Comment