Sunday 6 May 2012

Antros varžybos/ Second competition

VG Spring Tour part II
As I get heavier (83kg)  the wind starts dumping me and gets lower. Today we managed to push just one FW heat in marginal conditions - 3-5m/s wind. I got my sail (10,7 Severne Reflex III) tuned better: I put the boom in the outer hole and I have tighten the battens, it was going a bit better in the light winds.
So during that heat I got a good port star and came third to the 1st mark. I was still third at the downwind mark. Then I climbed up to 2nd place on the upwind leg. I was going second until the finish line. But after the last gybe I couldn't start planning. Guys behind me got a new gust, which doesn't reached me because I was too much in front. 3 other guys have overtaken  me and I finished 5th. I was soooo madddd. I was standing and looking at them and I had no chances of planning out.

Anyway I was proud of myself that I managed to be second until finish line in these marginal conditions, when other guys where either using 12,0 meter sails or they were 13kg lighter than me. All of them, who have overtaken me are really strong.

  1. Mantas LTU 13 - he was sailing first time in this season with new equipment
  2. Juozas LTU 14 - the OLYMPIAN. Good luck in London
  3. Giedrius LTU 11 - third again - it starts to be very funny
  4. Martynas LTU 1 - the feather - he weights minus 70kg - and he planes without any wind
  5. finally me - 5th again
VG pavasario turas       
Panašu, kad kuo sunkesnis (83kg) aš darausi, tuo lengvesnis darosi vėjas. Deja, bet per šias varžybas buvo įskaitytas tik vienas plaukimas. Kiti buvo nutraukti dėl vėjo trūkumo. Šį kartą geriau susireguliavau savo burę (Severne Reflex III 10,7) silpnam vėjui. Giko galą dėjau į išorinę skylę ir priveržiau lates. 
Per tą įvykusį plaukimą gerai startavau kairiu halsu ir nors perstovėjau gerokai per ilgai, prie ženklo atplaukiau trečias. Prie apatinio ženklo vis dar buvau trečias, ir tik antram priešvėjiniame kurse sugebėjau aplenkti Juozą LTU 14. Taigi likusį laiką iki finišo tiesiosios buvau antras. Deja, bet po paskutinio posūkio man nepavyko išglisuoti ir 3 varžovai mane aplenkė, jie glisavo, o aš neturėjau jokių šansų.
Vis dėl to džiaugiuosi, kad netgi prie ribinių sąlygų būdamas sunkesnis už kitus arba naudodamas mažesnę burę ilgą laiką buvau antras. Visi kurie mane aplenkė yra tikrai stiprūs varžovai.



  1. Mantas LTU 13 - treniruotės jam nepadeda, o trukdo
  2. Juozas LTU 14 - OLIMPIETIS. Sėkmės Londone
  3. Giedrius LTU 11 - kad ir kaip būtų juokinga jis ir vėl trečias.
  4. Martynas LTU 1 - plačiau žinomas kaip plunksna - jis sveria minus 70kg ir glisuoja be vėjo
  5. Aš - ir vėl penktas

No comments:

Post a Comment