Saturday 17 September 2011

LR Championship

Today early morning we went out of Kaunas - me and my dad, - both a little bit sick.
When we arrived to Ventaine there were only three others competitors.
On skippers meeting there were only 10 racers.
3 competitors including 2 former lithuanian champions arrived lately after 2 races.
In the first race wind average was about 8m/s. In the second race wind was about 6-7m/s.
In the firs race I had a reasonable start, but the problem was that I started below Karolis LTU 1001 and as everybody knows he is the fastest FW sailor in the fleet. So soon I got covered by him. I had to tack away and near the first mark I was just 5th. But in the downwind leg I've eliminated one guy. On the second upwind I was fighting hard with Paulius LTU 718 and I was very happy when he didn't managed to take the upwind mark. Giedrius LTU 11 and  Karolis LTU 1001 was way in front, so I relaxed, stepped into the chicken strap and finnished 3rd.


In the second race I started on port. Arvydas LTU 789 was upwind from and he was trying to overtake me. Normaly I would go downwind, get some speed and get away, but on the downwind side Viktoras Seputa on kite. So I had to make about 50 meters downwind instead of 5. Anyway I was 3rd on the top mark. Then I overtook one of the guys on the downwind leg. I would have overtaken Giedrius on the upwind but I didn't take the upwind mark by one meter. So I had to overtake him on the downwind. Luckily I did this and finished 1st.
After the break the wind droped a bit, so I adjusted my sail, but I left on ZE0S- fin. That was a mistake because I was underpowered almoust all the time. I finished 4th.
There was a try to make 4th start, but the wind went down completely.
Results after 3 races:
1 - LTU 799
2 - LTU 789
3 - LTU 1001
4 - LTU 11
5 - LTU 718

No comments:

Post a Comment