Sunday 18 September 2011

LR Championship Day 2

The forecast for today was very good - 8m/s off shore wind. Thus 3 more competitors including guest from Latvia arrived.
I was using my 9,7 all day long. In the first two races the wind was lighter, but after the break it has increased.
The first race was a dissaster, I went out with the same harness line position as on 11,0 and of course it was wrong. As this wouldn't be enough I made 4 tactical mistakes: I tacked too earlly near the upwind mark twice and I jibed too late near the downwind mark. I finished in shameful 7th place.



I have tunned my harness lines for the second race correctly. My downwind speed and angle was ok, but I was able to go upwind just when holding on the uphaul line, otherwise I was lacking speed and angle. Unfortunately I tacked too earlly in the first lap and I hooked on the mark and felt in. I was fighting till the end and finished 5th.
After 5 races I was in second place.
After the break wind has increased and I felt that my mastfoot was to much back. I was flying in the air on each wave, but I was going downwind very very fast. In both races I finished 4th, but this wasn't enough to keep on podium. Results:
1 - LTU 1001 Karolis Sipavicius
2 - LTU 13 Mantas Gresevicius
3 - LTU 11 Giedrius Liutkus
4 - LTU 799 Rytis Jasiunas
5 - LTU 789 Arvydas Moliusis
6 - LTU 76 Gediminas Gresevicius

No comments:

Post a Comment