Thursday 8 September 2011

Lithuania championship, Nida

Hello!

A few days ago I had a really nice competition in Nida - Lithuania championship. Conditions were comparatively unusual for RCB as we had a stable 7-12m/s wind almost all 4 days. In overall, 10 races were completed and most of the sailors were sailing very stable. Chop and weather was quite good as the wind was coming from the shore and we didn't really have rain during the races.

2 races were completed in the first day.
3 races in the second and the third day.
2 races in the last day.


First day pleased us with a really nice wind coming from south which was about 6-8m/s strong. In the first race I made a few mistakes in the upwind but quite easily fight them back as the closest opponent Paulius Voverys had a lack of power in his 8.5 RS:X sail. After taking him down on the downwind leg I maintained 3rd place until the very end. The second race went quite the same and I crossed the finish line 3rd.

From the very first day of racing it seemed that the sailors were seperated in 3 groups during all races. First group was the winners one: Juozas Bernotas LTU 14 and Martynas Juodeska LTU 1. Second one was: Me and Paulius Voverys LTU 718 and the rest group was full of the rest sailors.



Next day after the sun raised above the horizon the second day of races were about to begin. This time we had a slightly stronger wind coming from the same direction. After letting the winners group go ahead I strongly maintained the 3rd place in all 3 races. Unfortunately, nothing special happened as everyone were sailing very stable. In all 3 races finished 3rd.

3rd day waited for us with a bit lighter wind, about 5-7m/s strong. Again, 3 races had to be done so, without waiting we went on the water. In the first race, maybe because Martynas Juodeska fin was so scared of me, on the downwind mark he went out and Martynas was unable to finish the race. So, I overtook him in the first lap and killed him finishing two laps ahead in the 2nd place. :)
In the second race Martynas was back with another fin. I sailed without big mistakes and this gave me a chance to be 2nd again. I bypassed him in the first downwind leg as he fell down and didn't let him outstrip me until the very end. Finished 2nd. And in the third race everything came back to its belongings and again I finished 3rd.
After this day overall results were clear, I am 3rd strongest sailor in the Lithuania in RCB class. :)

In the fourth day we had still 2 races to make but I was really calm. As you can guess both times I finished 3rd and strongly proved that I'm worth the last podium place :)



Overall results:

Lithuania's Raceboard Champion: Juozas Bernotas LTU 14, who was just unbeatable.

Second place: Martynas Juodeska LTU 1 who managed to kick Juozas ass only once.

Third place: Arnas Busmanas LTU 191 who managed to kick Martynas ass even twice!

4th place: Paulius Voverys LTU 718 who was sailing very stable all the time and had a really nice upwind angle.
5th place: Vytautas Celesius who was going quite well in this competition.



Thanks to everyone who entered to competition and judges. I wish to have such wonderful time again.
Special thanks to my room mates: Paulius and Martis, for everything :)

Can't wait to see you near the starting line again!



No comments:

Post a Comment