Friday 30 September 2011

Super exciting Lithuania championship - Slalom

Aloha amigos!


Just one week passed until the thrilling slalom session was done.
This fascinating event took place in current slalom heaven - Ventaine.
On the first day we had to stay alive for 8 races of which 4 were qualifications and 4 scoring races. The second day showed up with a little more relaxing wind and 6 races ahead (3 qualifications, 3 scoring races).







On the very first day we had a very gentle slalom-kind breeze of about 11-13m/s coming straight from West what definitely made our races extremely dramatic and gripping.

On the first day I've kinda managed to concentrate on the races and starts which apparently gave me a chance to compete with the strongest guys in 3 out of 4 gold fleets. I was trying hard to show some magic moves and record-braking speed during these races but I was just getting blown up by vigorous wind and those big daddy's who were really fast in strong wind.
There are no questions who were the leaders as Karolis Sipavicius LTU 1001, Mantas Gresevicius LTU 13 and Giedrius Liutkus LTU 11 were constantly exceeding the legal 50km/h speed and making respectable jibes.

When the races came to the end we were pleased by kind organizers to have a few hours in super chilling sauna to relax. In my opinion, it was surely worth it as my muscles stopped soaring and I could have an unique rest.









After the first day Karolis Sipavicius LTU 1001 was taking the lead and had some fast guys breathing to his back so some adrenalin dozes in the racing area were guaranteed.
The second day greeted us with a bit lighter wind than the first day coming nearly from the same direction as the day before. I decided to load my 2010 7.8 Simmer SCR and to be a firm resistance to the fastest guys.

During the warm up I had a tiny accident with my equipment which lead to a constant hurry and distraction of all my focus that I had in my mind bank. Nevertheless, the races were as same emotive as the first day and the winner was still unknown.



I haven't finished among the best 5 sailors during all 3 qualification races, so I had to compete in the silver fleet. Every single man was really fast and made fewer mistakes that day and in such a way it was even more exciting! This time Rytis Jasiunas LTU 799 and Paulius Voverys LTU 718 were on fire and showed how to rock by getting into gold fleet almost all races. It was fun to watch the gold fleet because the top 3 sailors with their carbon "Sonntag" fins were going so fast that the rest of the group could hardly keep up with them. Anyway, the Karolis LTU 1001 was unstoppable. His illegal speed and technique led him to the crown of double Lithuania champion. Congratulations!




On the whole, event was for sure unforgettable. A huge load of experience and a great time combined to a remarkable moments which I will never forget.
Big thanks to all sailors and superb organizers for an amazing time and of course huge ovations for winners! :)

Results:

1. Karolis Sipavicius LTU 1001     Maui Sails, Angulo
2. Mantas Gresevicius LTU 13      Severne, Starboard
3. Giedrius Liutkus LTU 11           North-Sails, F2

9. Rytis Jasiunas LTU 799             Severne, Starboard/JP - Australia      
12. Arnas Busmanas LTU 191      Simmer, JP - Australia


Take care,
See you soon!




1 comment: