Sunday 21 August 2011

Euro champ final day

The last day of european championship greeted us with 3 meter high waves and wind from 15 to 25 knots. There was only one race for golden fleet.
Paulo BRA 3333 won the race, Gonzalo ARG 3 was second and Arnon ISR 1 took third place.
Later all planned races were canceled because of dangerous conditions.
I took my surfboard and managed to catch some waves.

All in all I took 47th place overall, second youth and second in silver fleet. My results could have been better, but I am very happy because I gained lots of experience. I also saw and talked with the best windsurfers in the world(Steve Allen,Arnon Dagan, Gonzalo Costa Hoevel, Wilhelm Schurman, Dennis Litlle and others). All of them are very friendly and willing to share their knowledge.
It was also very interesting to talk with one of the best race director in the world. He was changing the race course every day and he was always trying to place the race course as close to the beach as possible, so that you could follow the race from the beach.

See you in Tallin in Baltic Cup.

No comments:

Post a Comment