Saturday 13 August 2011

BC Latvia

Hi guys,
Yesterday we had 2 completed races and 1 race was canceled.
As far as I know this is the biggest Baltic Cup ever. 80 competitors - wow.
The wind was from 8 to 14 knots - side off-shore. We also had 1 meter high swell. Near the shore the wind was really really ligh what made going out very difficult. Many battens were broken and some sails were torn.
Many sailors were stuck in the shore break quite long so they were late for the start as well.
I made so-so start and near the first mark I was in Top 15. Later I managed to overtake few sailors and finished in 9th place.
In the second race the wind direction changed and it became imposible to start on starboard. I have tried to do this and I got stuck. Later I was fighting very hard and finished in 18th position.
In overall I took 13th place and 1st in youth. Mantas LTU 13 is the best Lithuanian standing in 8th place overall. Leading sailors are Wilhelm BRA 999, John EST 24 and Philip POL 555.

No comments:

Post a Comment