Saturday 23 July 2011

Central European Championship Day 5


Today we had 3 more races and so we finished the competition with 15 races at all. The wind was from 8 to 15 knots.
Today I did one very bad start, one normal start and one good start. I made all starts in the middle of the starting line, I was standing and trying to make some place for planning out until 20 seconds left then I started pumping, planned out and crossed the line. But I did it correctly just in one race in others my timing was bad.
In the first two races it was more favorable to sail near the shore, the wind was stronger here and if you sailed to the Korcula island you had to fight with the current. But in the last race it was more favorable to go to Korcula side.
In the first race after so so start I managed to jump in the 5th position. In the second race I stopped on the starting line, later I made every possible mistake and finished in 20th position.
I was so angry after this race that I decided to measure and train everything for the last race:
I trained quick pumping out and crossing the line, I also decided to go more to the pin end of the starting line because there were less sailors and I found out the tacking point. This preparation has helped me very much and I finished in 4th position.
After the races everybody was waiting for final results. So here they come:
  1. CRO 751
  2. SLO 5
  3. CRO 7
  4. LTU 799
  5. CZE 130
  6. CZE 17
  7. SLO 1
  8. LTU 76
15. LTU 789
28. LTU 646
37. LTU 797
On Saturday we will have slalom race and FW fun race. But I am not going to compete in it because I have somehow injured my shoulder a bit and I want to give him some rest.

No comments:

Post a Comment