Thursday 21 July 2011

Central European Championship Day 4

Photos from second day:
https://picasaweb.google.com/117976979424435284728/CentralEuropeChampionshipDay2


 Today we were waiting for the wind – yes, waiting – even here SOMETIMES you have to wait for the wind. The wind came in just about 3pm. At firs there were about 15knots, but on the last race it dropped down to 8 knots – I guess.

 I went out just before 11am and I have been waiting for starts on the water until 1am. Then I went to the beach (not to the place where I go out, but more upwind, because there was no postponement on the beach, thus we had to wait in the water or on the beach near the starting line). But after one hour the wind died completely (2knots left) so I went back home. After half an hour the wind started blowing again, and we went out for starts.
Today I decided to do training called: recovering after bad start. I made 3 very very bad start (during the first two I stopped completely on the starting line and stood there for 0.5 minute – 1minute and in the third I just went into the shadow of others and had to tack), but I was pushing very hard afterwards, I was pumping 50% of downwind time and thinking about tactics much.
I finished in 11th, 6th and 4th .
 
Gedas LTU 76 was very fast today – in the first race he finished 3rd and he was also in TOP 10 in other races.
In overall SLO 5 was the fastest today, he has a lot of experience in racing in this channel.
CRO 751 made fall start in the first race, catapult in the second start and just an average start in the last race so he didn’t win any race, I guess it’s unusual for him.

No comments:

Post a Comment