Thursday 21 July 2011

Central European Championship Day 3


Strong wind from the north – mistral - finally came. In the morning there were 3 Formula races in winds from 12 to 20 knots – pretty gusty – and in the afternoon there were 2 Slalom Eliminations completed.
In the first Formula race half of the fleet was late to the start and I forgot my starting watch. The wind was strong but I didn’t make mistakes and finished in 7th position.
In the second race I was going very good as well (in the TOP 10), but then on the first downwind leg Polish guy POL 110 crashed 10 meters in front of me, I had nothing to do so I crashed in front of him to avoid crashing into him. I managed to fight back just to the 22nd position.
In the third race of the day I was going in 4th position, but then jury recalled the race because of the unstable wind.
During the fourth race I made one big tactical mistake – I tacked to early and then I had to do 2 additional tacks near the mark – so I lost about 8 positions, during the downwind leg I overtook some guys and finished in 9th position.
After 9 races with one discard I felt down to 6th postion.
Gedas LTU 76 went up to 13th position.
Arvydas LTU 789 went down to 16th position .
Mindaugas LTU 646 is in 28th position.
Arnas didn’t competed yesterday because he had problems with his sail.

Later we started competing in Slalom at first we had winds up to 30 knots, but later it went down. In the first elimination I got to the final and took 5th place there, but in the second elimination the wind was lighter and it was not enough for my equipment – SB iSonic 94l and SS SC 7.0. My qualification fleet was very strong as well, thus I didn’t managed to finish in 4th place and I got time to eat while others were competing.
Mindaugas felt out in the first elimination, but he went to the loser final in the second elimination.
Gedas got to the loser final in both eliminations.
Arvydas was one time in  the loser and one time in the winner final.
In overall Arvydas took 7th place and I took 10th place.

No comments:

Post a Comment