Tuesday 19 July 2011

Central Europe championship Day 2



Today first possible start was pretty early – at 11AM. And if we would take in mind that yesterday we had a beach party…J
During the first race I made pretty good starboard start (even though the starting line was VERY port tack favorable). I came to the TOP mark 7-8th . During the downwind leg nothing changed, but then I took the gate and went to the shore, while everybody was going to the sea. There I got clean air and took the upwind mark in 4th position. I finished 4th.
Afterwards we had a massive over early start. And then in the second race my sail teared. The 4th window has torn apart from the batten. I went to the beach and repaired it with duck tape (thanks Egidijus LTU 62 and other guys on the beach who have helped me). Then I went back to the racing area.
In the third race I had a bad start and came to the 1st mark just 15th. But during the downwind leg and next upwind I managed to fight back 8 positions and finished in 7th position.
Today I was using 74 cut down Z-fin and it was too powerful too me, I expected light wind and there was about  7-9m/s (14-18 knots).
Now I will try to repair my sail.

P.S.
After 6 races in overall I felt to 5th position.

Photos will come later

No comments:

Post a Comment