Monday 18 July 2011

Central Europe Championship Day 1

Photos:
https://picasaweb.google.com/elenaj79/CentralEuropeChampionship?authuser=0&feat=directlink


For me the day started as always: I woke up in the tent at  8 AM, because the sun started shining in my tent and it became a greenhouse, I didn’t want to be a tomato so I run out of my tent.
In the skippers meeting I have realized that the fleet will be pretty big here ( 49 competitors). The rules were explained, but there was only one change - 3 races max per day.
Today the wind was blowing from south and it was light – about 10 knots – ideal conditions for me. I expected to be 1st of Lithuanians and to be in Top 10.
The distance was right side favorable, but starting on port was complicated, because the left side of the distance was very near to the shore. I decided to start on starboard and then quickly tack on port.
But my plan went wrong a bit. There were a lot of sailors which were standing near the boat and doing nothing. So I decided to go down and overtake that group from downwind, but then I got into shadow of CRO 7, luckily (luckily, because of that I made a tack just in the right place). If you was starting on starboard tack you had to tack as soon as possible (you just had to pay attention not to go into the shadow of port starters). Near the first mark I was 5th or 4th. Nothing changed during the downwind leg. I have taken the downwind mark just after CRO 7 and while I was trying to plane out he put me into his shadow. During the upwind leg I lost 2 positions because of that and finished in 6th place. I was really happy about my finish.
During the second start I pumped out from the boat, but then SLO 5 went over my head. He made tack in the right place, but I had to go further not to get into his shadow. I came to the upwind mark in 15th position, but during the downwind leg and next upwind managed to battle up to 6th position.
Third race was the best for me. I started again on starboard and came off the starting line at full speed, tacked in the right place and came 4th to the 1st mark. I managed to hold on in 4th position  up to the finish.

After 3 races now I am in 4th position overall.
  1. CRO 751
  2. SLO 5
  3. CRO 7
  4. LTU 799
  5. SLO 1

4 comments:

  1. Nu Ryti, didziule pagarba tau! Varyk ir toliau taip!
    Vertejas

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ačiū, ačiū. Stengsiuos.
    Šiandien vėl pučia iš pietų, bet stipriau - kokie 6-8m/s.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ryti, o kaip kitiems sekesi?
    Rezultatu niekur nerandam

    ReplyDelete
  4. Arvis po siandienos 13
    Gedas-14
    Mindaugas - 28 lygtais
    Arnas - 40 lygtais.
    Kroatai viska labai letai daro. Galit laks nuo laiko bofor.hr puslapi patikrinti ir formulawindsurfing.org

    ReplyDelete