Saturday 25 June 2011

New vision CUP, Nida, 2011 Day 2

Today we had Slalom day. 4 slalom races and one 1h Slalom race.
The forecast anticipated 8m/s wind but today average was around 7m/s, so some guys were complaining about wind all the time. Nevertheless I was pumping really hard and I started planing one of the first. I was using Simmer Style SC 7,0 and JP Slalom III 109l with 39cm Select SL 7 fin. My weight is about 73-74kg so other guys with 8,6 sails and 120l board should have started planing earlier, but they were to lazy to pump.
During all the starts I didn't managed to cross line perfectly:
1st race: I came to the line to early, stopped everybody sailed over me and I felt in. Afterwards I was struggling really hard and finished in 4th place.
2nd race: I got OCS
3rd race: So so start, not good but not bad as well, 3rd place.
4th race: So so start, 4th place.

New experience : 1h slalom race.
I made good start (I was late 2 sec, but other were late even more). After the start group of 4 sailors got ahead: Mantas LTU 13, Gedas LTU 76, Arunas LTU 109 and me). Mantas LTU 13 was sailing really fast and got away. After few laps I have overtaken Gedas and Arunas. Mantas was sailing in the front all the time and other guys were chasing me. Around 45th minutes Audrius LTU 51 has overtaken me, he was so fast and he was doing all jybes perfectly. So after 1h  results were:
  1. Mantas LTU13 
  2. Audirus LTU 51
  3. Rytis LTU 799
  4. Gedas LTU 76

No comments:

Post a Comment