Sunday 26 June 2011

Kieler Woche 2011/Germany, RS:X youth

Aloha amigos!

Recently I had an exciting experience in Germany, Kiel. Due to the fact that there were enough competitive guys who wanted to show their skills with 8.5 sails, the group of 20 youth sailors was made. We arrived at the spot a couple of days before the official starts what gave us a chance to get acknowledged of windsurfing conditions in the cold Baltic sea fully overtaken by jellyfishes.

We were living at the camp side in our super fast camper. The trip from Poland didn't really get bored as we were flying with extremely high 80km/h speed ( Of course if do not count the supernova 90km/h speed downhill ). Anyway the living was comfortable and chill as everything we need was in the same place.








As far as races are concerned sometimes it was tough to deal with the crazy chop in light wind and sometimes It was brilliant to plan while others were pumping with dagger-boards. Some races went really good as I finished 2nd, 4th, 4th and some were disastrous when I nearly reached top 10. The difference between conditions every day really tested how prepared we were as sometimes we had to race in hell cold weather with pouring rain ahead and sometimes we were just sunbathing on RS:X's.

In few races I was making tacks and jibes staggering accurately what gave me a chance to get into top 5 easily. Of course there were races when I was always going to the wrong side and I sometimes felt that the wind was just making fun of me. In the middle of this event I had enough points to be 3rd but some days later I felt down into shameful 6th place. There is no doubt that other sailors were well prepared and I'm really looking forward to meet some of them in upcoming ISAF.



As "Audi" was the main sponsor of this event the preparation was really fascinating. There were no problems during the races as same as the program on the shore. Every time we were back on the coast we had a chance to look at the splendid Audi candies staying in the main street. Toys like brand new Audi A7, RS3 and many more.

All things considered, I had a huge load of experience before the main year event which is going to take place in Croatia in July 9-16 (ISAF world championship). I'm really looking forward to test myself with the best guys from the world ahead. It was a pleasure to pay a visit in Germany as the Germans were really warm and friendly in our campsite. I also made a lot of new friends and had a superior time.

Thanks for everyone!
Take care.


About this event (this one from 2010, but 2011 one is nearly the same). Enjoy :)



No comments:

Post a Comment