Saturday 25 June 2011

New vision CUP, Nida, 2011

Nida - one of the most beautiful places in Lithuania. I am always very happy to come back here again to race. This time for New Vision windsurfing cup. As we celebrate 'Jonines' here in Lithuania we have long weekend - friday, saturday and sunday. The forecast was very good as well - one day for formula, 2 days for slalom.


Yesterday we had 5 FW races. 3 - break - 2. During the downwind leg to the starting line (off-shore winds) - I have somehow broken my sail's lower cam. So I had to sail 3 races without a cam - nice, huh?. Nevertheless my results were quite good: 1st, 3rd and ..mmm...7th - not really good. During the upwind leg I didn't feel big difference, but on the downwind leg all guys had better angle then me because of my cam. Although during the 3rd race 2nd lap the wind has shifted a bit and the right side of the distance became better, guess where have I sailed? - Yes, to the right side of the distance.

During the break I changed my cam (Thanks for Gediminas LTU76 who gave me one). While going downwind I felt that my sail is working much better. I finished 3rd and 6th. Not bad, but not great as well. I have been making too much tactical mistakes to climb higher.

All in all the results are:
  1. Giedrius Liutkus LTU11   8 points
  2. Mantas Gresevicius LTU 13  9 points
  3. Rytis Jasiunas LTU 799    13 points
  4. Karolis Sipavicius LTU 1001  15 points
  5. Gediminas Gresevicius LTU 76  17 points
The wind is coming in right now and everybody is hoping for slalom and 1hour slalom.

No comments:

Post a Comment