Saturday 28 May 2011

FW Baltic Cup Lithuania, Vente

RytiHi everybody,
Foto by Elena:
The biggest windsurfing event in Lithuania now is taking place in Ventaine - Lithuanian  Baltic Cup.
We didn’t have any races on  Friday, due to the lack of wind, although jury tried to do it twice, but unsuccessfully, - the wind was just teasing us. All in all I managed to plane for 30 minutes.
Saturday greeted us with 20 knots of wind. I rigged all my formula sails: 8.5, 10 and 11. I like 11 at most, 8.5 is for wind over 25 knots and 10 is in the middle. I don’t like this sails really much in high winds, because I often have problems with rotation of the cams.


So there were 1 + 2 + 1 races today. After the first races jury changed the course, because there was one fishing net in the distance. During the first 3 races most guys were using 10m sails, but before the final race the wind has dropped so everybody has taken bigger sails.
Main problem for me was starts – again. Few seconds after all starts I got covered by other guys. Then I had to fight all the way back. In all races I was somewhere about 20 position – not bad, but it could be better.
Results
  1. Ervin Martin EST 202
  2. Polish guy with difficult to spell name and surname POL 555
  3. Janis Preiss LAT 23
  4. John Kaju EST 24
  1. Karolis Sipavicius LTU 1001 – best Lithuanian.
20. Rytis Jasiunas LTU 799

No comments:

Post a Comment