Sunday 29 May 2011

FW Baltic Cup Lithuania, Vente II

Sunday morning promised another good day for racing. The wind was blowing from the shore, so we couldn’t exactly know how much wind is outside. Luckily the organization of this event was very good, so organizers went out by boat and measured the wind – 6-7m/s. It was clear what sail to take (my favorite 11), but I couldn’t decide which fin to take: Z 4S- or Z 0S-, finally I have decided to take Z 0S-,  - even if the wind would get up I wouldn’t start flying with this one.
When I sailed out to test the equipment I realized that this is wind for me. I felt really fast. I just had to make good start to reach good position.

But during first 2 starts everybody overburned, most of the sailors were so excited that they went over the line 5 sec too early. The judge was very angry so he took out the BLACK flag – uuuu. Something interesting, right? The black flag’s rule says that everybody who goes over early is disqualified and that result can not be excluded. EST 44 and LAT 777 were the unlucky ones.
Amazing sail profile

During the first race I made perfect start near the boat, but pypt pypt pytp LAT 11 has overtaken me and put me into his wind shadow. I made a tack and a mistake. It was better to go as far as possible after start on starboard tack. I arrived somewhere about 15th place to the first mark. Afterwards I was fighting hard and managed to get to 9 th position.
In the second race I made a very bad start in the wind shadow of all sailors and fought back just to 11th position. Then we had a long break.
During the break the wind direction has changed, the jury has changed the course and we went back on racing.
Lack of control near the upwind mark
During the first race I made a perfect start and was sailing in the leaders group all the time. I finished 9th again.
In the second race I crashed with Karolis LTU 1001 a bit on the starting line. I was going lower than he when he has opened his sail and my mast hit his sail clew. He went for a swim and I stopped planning. Afterwards he gave protest against me, but I have won. I finished in 14th position.
Judge
All in all I finished this Baltic Cup in 14th place and I am happy about this, - I improved a lot from last year. I am also very happy because I won youth (U20) category and was 3rd in Light Weight category(<75kg).
Results:
  1. The polish guy(Phylip Korzicky) but I am not sure for spelling POL 555
  2. Martin Ervin EST 202
  3. Janis Preiss LAT 23
  4. John Kaju EST 24
Winners 
      11. Mantas Gresevicius LTU 13 best Lithuanian.
      12. Karolis Sipavicius LTU 1001 second Lithuanian
      14. Rytis Jasiunas LTU799 third  Lithuanian
All competitors

1 comment:

  1. Heya i'm for the primary time here. I came across this board and I to find It truly helpful & it helped me out a lot. I hope to provide one thing again and aid others such as you helped me.

    Stop by my web blog ... bmi calculation

    ReplyDelete