Saturday 19 March 2011

Training camp - Spain, Burriana

Finally my longly planned trip to Burriana (near Valencia) has begun. There have been some problems because 1 week before the trip I have broken my feet toe and doctors put my leg in gypsum.  So I went out to the trip with gypsum. To this training camp I was invited by estonian Johannes Kaju.
Now we are in Burriana and here are 6 estonian FW – slalom sailors with John Kaju EST – 24 in front.  Plus we are competing with one local, our friend Pablo ESP – 16.


Monday, 14
At 16.00 in local time we arrived to Burriana´s windsurfing club. The wind was really strong and the waves were not small as well (about 1.5 meters). Somes guys were rigging up wave equipment and went out, but I didn´t have it so I left on the shore, still with gypsum on my leg.
In the evening we have gone to our apartment, where I have taken off gypsum.

Tuesday, 15
When we went to the club, we saw some nices waves rolling to the beach. Luckily I have put my sufboard into the trailer.
I was surfing for 10 minutes when to estonian youths came to the beach. I gave them my surfboard to try  and they really liked it. So I had to share my board with them later. We surfed for 3 hours. Afterwards we went to our apartment to eat lunch. We expected wind in the afternoon but it didn´t came.
In the evening we went to Burriana´s center to see huge sculptures (up to 10 meters height). These sculptures are being built every year and they are being burned later.
At 12.00 we walked  to the main sqoure to see fireworks and ´´petardos´´ show. It was really amazing.  The sound of them was tearing my ears.

No comments:

Post a Comment