Sunday 20 March 2011

Training camp - Spain, Burriana II

Wednessday, 16
The wind was blowing from the morning, so we started rigging as soon as we came to the club. The wind direction was straight off-shore. I have rigged Severne CODE RED 10,0 and I have put Hurricane FRB 7. I thought that the wind will be strong and it will be high wind FW training, but….
To begin with it was very hard to get out because the direction of wind and waves was opposite. When I have finally come out I realised that the wind is really strong, really J
It was very difficult to do everything from going downwind to just standing and holding the sail. Most of estonians who managed to come out were sitting on their boards and resting.
Johannes was on the water with a boat. He said that the wind is up to 25 knots in gusts. In fact the wind was very gusty.
After resting a bit on my board and looking around I saw John and Pablo racing deeper in the see. I decided to join them, but John has gone home so I catched just Pablo. We Have made few laps of racing. I was just trying to hold on and not to fall and he was racing, he was much faster than me. Than we saw that everybody is going back to the beach so we have gone back as well.
Back on shore I realised why everybody went back: for most of the guys there was just too much wind but John and Neme has broken their battens – John has broken  5 battens out of 7. I was lucky to keep my equipment uncrashed.
Later  we went surfing.

No comments:

Post a Comment