Monday 21 March 2011

Training camp - Spain, Burriana IV

Friday, 18
Forecasts weren´t showing any wind, but locals said that there should be termical breeze from sea.
The termic started blowing at 13,00 and lasted for 3 hours. The wind strength was 7-8 knots..
I rigged Severne CODE RED 11,0 and put my 74 S- Z fin. Other guys were also rigging the biggest sails they had.

When we came in the water I realised that it is impossible to do training with starts, marks and so on, because only John, Pablo and me were planing consistenly.
I spend 2 hours by trying to catch Pablo and John. By now it´s really difficult for me to do this, but I am trying. I also adjusted my harness lines.
In the evening we met Pablo´s parents(they don´t speak english) and with them we went to Valencia. There are many sculptures and they are even nicer and bigger than in burriana. But there were also 10 times more people than in Burriana. Sometimes during  1 minute we walked not more than 10 metres. In Valencia we spent 5 hours and we were back home only at 3 hours.

Saturday,19
There was no wind today.
We were borrowing oranges from the fields, eating them and just relaxing.

Sunday, 20
Today we had a really good wind (about 10-12 knots) and a really good training with starts, distance ...
I  have put my boom higher today and I have put my mastfoot more back than yesterday. I think these changes gave me more speed and I was planning earlier.
All in all we made 6 starts today. In all of them Pablo was 1st, John - 2nd and I was 3rd. The distance was short(10 minutes - 2laps). Pablo was always about 200 meters in front of John and I was from 50 to 200 meters away from John. Pablo is especialy good in upwind starboard tack and he has much better angle and speed downwind than me and John.
Equipment:
John: Gaastra Vapor 2010 12,0 - Gaastra Vapor - 70 S- Z fin
Pablo: NP RS:Racing EVO II 12,0 - SB HWR - 70, 72 S- Z fin
I am loosing them mainly in upwind, they have better angle than me. Today we had some waves up to 1 meter. When I catched the rythm how to go through these waves I was going at the same speed and angle as John and Pablo, but when  I was out of rythm it was like Ferrari against a turtle :). I hope after a bit of practising I will go more consistently.

No comments:

Post a Comment