Tuesday 22 March 2011

Training camp - Spain, Burriana V

Monday, 21

Today the wind forecast was very good, but reality was much worse. The maximum wind speed was not more than 7 knots. I haven´t gone out to windsurf at all, because I was afraid of 1 meter waves. So I was surfing all the day.

In the evening we went to Castelo in Decathlon sports shop. It was the biggest sports shop I have ever seen. The first flor is s big as a normal food supermarket and the second flor is the same. In this shop you can find everything, from running shoes to windsurfing boards and much more. We spent there over 2 hours.

Tuesday, 22


Today we had a Big Slalom Day. In the morning it was about 8 m/s wind and about 1.5 meters wave. All the day wind and waves were increasing and in the end of the day it was about 12 m/s wind and 2 meters wave.
I was using NP RS:Slalom 6.2 and SB iSonic 94l. In the morning it was not enough of wind to me but later it was very good.
Johannes tried to throw out slalom distance, but the waves were dragging marks and boat was unable to stand in one place. Thus we tried to do just some training. But again it was very hard to go together in one group and race. Finally everybody was sailing for himself: Pablo was freestailing and others were just freeriding. I was trying to understand how should I sail in these conditions: how to get more speed riding down the wave, how to gybe down the wave, how not to jump going through the wave and...
Later I tried to have fun. I practised jumping and I did some waverading. John was doing the same, but with more speed and accuracy.
One time when going out to the sea I saw a wonderful big ramp, I decided to jump. I jumped about 2 meters and landed successfully - into waterstart position.But then second wave came and rolled straight on me. I felt like in the washing maschine. When the wave let me go I tried to put equipment into waterstart position, but as soon as I did this third wave came... so waves were coming and coming ... rolling and rolling. One especially big wave took sail straight of my hands. I saw  how the board is going up and sail down, later the sail up board down. Luckily I managed to catch them before next wave came. Finally after 10 or more wasching maschines sesions I came out of water. It was so strange when I looked to the sail and I saw that no battens are broken and everything is in one piece.
Magic
John's jump(I did quite the same):

Tomorow the waves should be even bigger  - I don´t know what I will do.

No comments:

Post a Comment