Friday 3 April 2015

4th Training Day in Azores

It was windy again. 10-12 knots in the morning dropping to 6-9 knots later. Today, I was training with Janis Preiss and Gonzalo Costa Hoevel. We were on 12.5 and it was super nice conditions for these sails at the beginning. I put a bit more downhaul then yesterday and the sail felt quite a bit faster yet still powerful. I was going the same speed with Janis and Gonzalo, but they had a slightly better angle. However, Steve gave me a secret advice on how I can improve that, so hopefully I will be able to try it over the next few days. Again, I tried both of my fins (ZF0S- and BOSS B9 72S--). Unfortunately, I was not able to feel much of a difference - perhaps I lost the sense of equipment over the 6 months I haven't sailed. The Z fin feels a bit faster and less powerful, but when you get up to speed it points as high as BOSS. With BOSS it might be a bit easier to start planing, but later the performance becomes very similar to Z fin's.
Check out some action and equipment photos:














No comments:

Post a Comment