Saturday 5 September 2015

Lithuanian Slalom Championship 2015 - Autumn

Hello Hello Hello!

Check this out, Lithuanian Slalom Championship 2015 is on the SPOT!

We have just finished our 4 eliminations in Kintai, where Lithuanian Slalom Championship 2015 is held. Check it out below how me and Rytis went through it!


So, at first, two eliminations was in lighter wind conditions, which means I was on my 8.6 m2 Point 7 ACzero 15 and Rytis went with his Reflex 6 8.6. Everything seemed great, I managed to find a so called "sweet spot" with my sail and board but unfortunately made a miss-step while rounding the second mark (first race) and FELL OFF! Damn, finished 7th... Rytis on the other hand managed to take the second place as Arūnas Rinkevikečius was too much in the "fast and furious" mode. :)
Rytis comment (made a terrible mistake on the start, - choose to start at the downwind part of the line, but the wind turned just before the start and I had to point upwind towards the 1st mark while Arunas was flying from above and got himself a 50 meter lead)

Second race. A little better, didn't make silly mistakes, and finished 4th. Only 4th because of a moderate start I made, so lesson learned - DO NOT BE LATE TO START.
Rytis comment (Got an overearly in the final, although I think I wasn't the one over the line)

Then the third race was cancelled because we had an immense cloud coming upon us which completely shut down the wind. Eventhough we started and rounded the 1 mark, the judges cancelled the race. A good choice, I must say, because then for around half an hour the wind dropped significantly. Then, the magic happened!

Boom, the wind propelled his way through the Curonian Bay and maintained at steady 10-12 m/s, Just the perfect wind I like. :)

So third race, no more light wind sails in the hands! Took my 7.7 Avanti and went out. Tuned a little and here we goooooo!!!

In the third race I lost the first leg to Rytis Jasiunas LTU 799 and did not managed to kick his ass until the very end. So, we took the 2 first positions me being in the second place and Rytis in the first place.
Rytis comment (the wind was around 12 m/s for the whole race and everyone was going with very little control, I just managed to get the best start and had big enough balls to keep pushing and stay in front :) )

In the last race of the day, which was 4th one, the wind remained nearly the same. When we started in the golden fleet I made a nice start (eventhough we all were late for around 1-2 secs :) ) and kept the second place until the very last mark. Rytis on the other hand was in the first place - again bastard -and ended the race with comfort. Mindaugas Karbauskas LTU - 41 made a brilliant and strategic move on the last mark and overtook me by rounding the buoy closer than me. Nice one, I must say. I finished 3rd.

Now, drinking bear, chilling out near the fireplace and waiting for tommorow races. According to the forecast, we should have a little less wind, but we will see :)





No comments:

Post a Comment