Friday 31 August 2012

FW Worlds JYM Day 3

Again we woke up earlier than I am getting up to school as skippers meeting was at 7.20. It was raining and wind doesn't seemed to be good.
At the skippers meeting we were released for 2 hours, but we couldn't go back to the hotel, because it was raining crazy strong. This heavy rain lasted for about one hour. After it went away the wind from the North started blowing and at 9 am AP went down. RC said that wind strength was 22 knots. From what I saw I knew it might be more. Thus I rigged 9,6 instead of 10,7. Before going out I moved mastfoot a bit forward, but when I went out it was still way to back, - the board was just flying over the waves. I went back and moved it 1cm forward, but it wasn't enough time to set the boom from outer clew hole to the inner. I went out again.
At first it was OK, but the more I went into the middle of the lake the more windier it became. I was sailing without much control and so was the rest of the fleet. Actually I saw around 10 guys planning others were flying and falling. When I got to the starting boat, everyone started sailing back and so did I.
On the shore the AP was up again. For more than half an hour rescue boats were taking back those who were not able to sail by themselfs. The race was postponed for 2 hours and later it was cancelled because the wind was not going down.

No comments:

Post a Comment