Wednesday 22 August 2012

FW Worlds, Day 1

Today was the first day of racing. All 120 competitors were divided into 3 fleets - woman, and two men fleets - blue and yellow.
We will have 4 qualification races and after them 54 competitors will go to Gold fleet and others to silver.
Now I am in the blue fleet which is considered to be stronger, - in this fleet names like Steve Allen, Ross Williams, Casper Bouman, Dennis Little, Pont, and many others are fighting.
Today we had 3 races in gusty and shifty side-off shore winds. The wind speed was from 10 to 18 knots. Steve Allen took the lead closely followed by Ross Williams. For me the race was OK. I finished 19th, 13th and 17th and now I am in 31st place overall. My problem is that I am still making mistakes, stupid mistakes.
I hope I'll be better tomorow.

No comments:

Post a Comment