Monday 20 August 2012

Baltic Cup Day 3

Forecast showed some heavy winds today - reaching up to 22 knots.
But when we arrived a the beach, the wind was just 4 knots strong.
After some time the wind started picking up. Thus we had 2 races in average wind - around 11 knots.
Unfortunately I was making stupid mistakes today. In both races I had average start, but afterwards ...puff.
In the first race I messed up at the downwind mark. I had to make a couple of aditional jibes to get to the mark and after the last jibe I couldn't start planning and about 10 guys overtook me. I finished in 20th position.
The second race was worse. I missed the layline to the upwind mark and had to make two additional tacks. But on the downwind I managed to fall in while I was pumping. Afterwards I couldn't start planning for a while and dropped down to worse than 30th position after that I decided not to finish the race and go home, to get some more rest.
But in the last race of the day, the wind picked up to 17-19 knots and I was sruggling a bit in the wavy Baltic Sea on my SB 167 wide. I did everything more or less correctly, just I wasn't fast enough. I finished 25th.
All in all I am in 15th position overall and I am not really happy about this. Luckily I am 1st youth in the event and in the Baltic Cup.

No comments:

Post a Comment