Saturday 14 July 2012

ISAF Youth worlds

ISAF youth worlds is like sailing olympics for youth. For the first time I will compete on RS:X with 8,5 meter sail and 60cm fin.
Although I haven't trained much on it, I hope I will do OK.

We are living in a very nice 4 star hotel. And it is just 500 meters away from the Yacht club.

Today we got our equipment. After 2 hours of rigging up (It's not that easy) I went to the water. The wind was about 6m/s strong.
Surprisingly I was planning all the time.
I was even more surprised when I realised that others aren't going much faster than. Actually I was even overtaking some guys while going upwind. Unfortunately there wasn't enough wind for me to go fast downwind. I guess it's because of my amazing weight - 78 kg. I am too heavy for the 8,5 sails.
Thats why I hope for more wind.
See you tomorow.

No comments:

Post a Comment