Tuesday 17 July 2012

ISAF Day 2&3

The internet is very bad here so I can not to write as much as I want to.
Yesterday was first competition day.
Wind was about 8 knots gusting up to 12. In Both heats the conditions were marginal - it means that sometimes you are planning sometimes not. If you start planning you have to put in the dagerboard and move the mastfoot back - a lot of work, which requires skills and practise. Very hard conditions for a heavy and unexperienced guy like me. Nevertheless I finished 13th out of 30 sailors - because 10 or 12 guys got falstarted. In the second race I planned for 30 seconds and finished the last.  Well lets hope for more wind tomorow.
Unfortunately but today the wind wasn't much stronger. In all races I was planning but just for half of them or less. Race officers executed 3 races today. My places were 24, 20 and 18. It is really hard to learn all the tricks and techniques in not planning mode. Usually I am gaining places when I am planning and loosing them while standing.

No comments:

Post a Comment