Monday 4 June 2012

Polish Open Day 3

Good morning from Sopot again.
Today everybody were rigging 11 or 12 meter sails. The wind was offshore so it was hard to decide which sail to take - fortunately I didn't have such problems as I only have 11. It was very important to have good equipment combination as there were 3 back to back races planned with no chances to come back.
The wind was about 2,5 - 10 m/s strong and of course very shifty. Can the wind be not gusty and not shifty here in Sopot? Honestly ? - I don't think so.
As every other day here it was a bit of lotery. Just today the wind was lighter and chop was smaller. Because of that I managed to go faster.
Even though I had missed some gusts and went to the wrong side, or once I was left standing on the starting line for 90 seconds, - I always managed to fight back and finish in Top 10. My places were - 10, 9, 8. The best day of the competition.
After all 10 races in the polish championship I finished 13th, second youth and first lithuanian.
During the prize giving there were a lot of prizes, but only one complect for formula. Nor master nor youth were given prizes.
I would say that organization was poor. In 70% of the races starting line was thrown bad.
All in all I am happy that I have gained a lot of experience, but I didn't like the conditions in Sopot.

No comments:

Post a Comment