Wednesday 30 May 2012

Lithuania Baltic Cup, Kintai

Hi folks,
How're you?

Last weekend I had a nice competition in Kintai. It was one of three Baltic Cup events and it is world ranking event. It was even more fun to participate there as almost all of my windsurfing mates were there too.
Two days out of three we had perfect conditions for formula and we managed to complete 8 races in total. The wind in 7 races was about 6-8m/s and in one race we had lighter wind about 4-5m/s it was accompanied with small chop.



Organization:
Organization was more or less good. Nice living conditions - most of the racers were living in two houses 400meters away from the spot. We were cooking food together, talking to each other and chilling all the time when we were not on the water. For more comfortable atmosphere and conditions we had sitting bags provided by puskupusku - thanks. During the day time sitting bags were on the beach,we were  talking about newest equipment on them and about newest wetsuit's trends (look at the picture) :)
 Every day at about 12am-3pm we were getting free soup and in the evening we were having barbecue and fish.

Action on the water:


During the first day we didn't managed to complete any races due to the shifting wind.
But on the second and third day the wind didn't foul us and we had good racing. On all races I used SB 167w and Severne Reflex III 10.7.
I will just highlight a few interesting things.

  • In 5 out of 8 races I managed to get a good start when I went away from the starting line in clear wind - although I could have started even better. In the other 3 races I have hesitated for a few seconds and I got covered by other sailors. And in those races I got not as good results as I could, even I didn't make any more mistakes - starting is sooo important.
  • In the last two races I made everything wrong. I got not really good starts, but if I had better speed I could have fought back. But during the break I got afraid of the "hauling wind" as if I was a little girl and overdownhauled my sail. Therefore I was **** slow. NEVER let anything to frighten you NEVER
  • Estonian have dominated the TOP 10 again. Perhaps MR. Z is making better fins for his friends or perhaps they have some secret training scheme - I don't know, but they are fast. 5 Estonians in Top 10, 3 Latvians and 2 Lithuanians
  • Lithuanians are fast in light winds. When we had that one race in 4-5m/s wind 3 Lithuanians came in Top 5. On that race all TOP 5 riders were using SB 167wide boards.

All in all I spent a really nice weekend in Kintai, had nice racing and gained lots of experience.

Results can be found here:  http://www.extreme-sports.lt/media/windsurf/data/2012rezultatai/BC2012/bc2012os.html
I finished 11th overall, first U20 and third lithuanian.

Foto by Edas Bareika, emotions.lt

No comments:

Post a Comment