Tuesday 30 August 2011

FW World Championship JYM

Hello everybody from Skive, Denmark. The place where the wind is so gusty and shifty that locals screw down their sails to the ground when they leave it on the beach. The most interesting view was - flying sails, - unfortunately my 11 has flyed away as well and the batten broke. Luckily I didn't need it today - I was using 8,5 all the day and I was overpowered all the time.
There were 4 races for master fleet and 4 races for Youth fleet. Officially the wind was from 15-23 knots in the first two races to 20-28 knots in the last. But I think there were over 30 knot, and I am not the only one. 
In the first three races I was trying to survive:
On the upwind I was doing the craziest stances I have ever seen and on the downwind I was sailing with front foot in the footstrap back foot near the opposite side footstrap and without the harness. I finished 13, 14, 15.
On the last race I remembered what Paulo BRA 3333 said about going in high winds - you just grab the boom tight and go. So I grabbed the boom in the way if I wanted to crush it, tighten my abs and just went. I finished 9th.
I hope for less wind tomorow.
;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment