Thursday 18 August 2011

Euro champ Day 3

Today we had 4 races for every fleet. The wind was from 14-16 knots in the beggining to about 10 knots during the last race.
The wind direction changed from NW yesterday to SW today.
During the first race I didn't made any mistakes, but I was going very slowly because of the stange wave. Later I got used to it and started going faster. I finished in 5th position in silver fleet.
In the second race I made a bad start and I have fallen on the jibe so I finished 10.
I have fallen twice during the third start: one time latvian guy laid his sail just in front of me and second time when I was pumping and the wind dissapeared. But I didn't gave up and finished in 5th place.
In these 3 races I was starting near the boat, but I decided to start near the pin end on the fourth race. It has paid of I got away in clean air and water. I was leading the fleet from the start to the finish. The gap beetween me and other sailors was jus getting bigger. I finished about 500 meters on front of the second place.
Today I was using Severne Reflex II, SB HWR and Z-fins 70S-.
Most of the time I was fighting closely with Giedrius LTU 11.
Now I am in second place overall in silver.
In gold fleet there is an intensive battle for first 4 place.
From Lithuanians Mantas LTU 13 is doing the best he is 26th. Gedas and Andrius are fighting good as well.
Karolis LTU 1001 and Arvydas LTU789 are in the very very end of the fleet.

No comments:

Post a Comment