Wednesday 17 August 2011

Euro Champ Day 2

Today we had one race for blue and yellow fleets then we were divided to gold and silver fleets. The best 45 guys were sent to the golden fleet and others were sent to silver.
In the first two races we had pretty strong wind - about 15 knots.
I was going as always somewhere around 19th-21st place, unfortunately on the last downwind leg I made a catapult and I have lost about 5 places. I got discard for this race, but with 66 points I took 48th place and I was sent to silver fleet. On the one one hand this is a huge dissapointment for me, but on the other hand I am sailing in such tough conditions for the first time. Now in silver fleet I will try to get used to these difficult conditions and I am going to try out diffirent tactics.
We had two races in the silver fleet and in both I finished 3rd. The wind was about 12 knots in these races , but the wave stayed the same as earlier - about 1-1,5 meter. In overal I am second now.
In the golden fleet there is a huge competition and there is no clear leader. Check formula windsurfing website for results.

No comments:

Post a Comment