Monday 9 May 2011

VG Spring tour II - Elektrenai

Aloha everyone!

As you may already know on Saturday we had a light wind slalom competition - 7 races, 1 break - which was organized by "Vejas Galvoje". Applause for Mantas LTU 13 who was increadibly fast and unbeatable that day with his enormous slalom gear - 9.7 Severne Reflex and 122L iSonic. Also, congratulations to Arvydas Moliusis - LTU 789 (light wind Grand Master) and Rytis Jasiunas - LTU 799, who somehow managed to plan with his 7.0 Simmer SCR 2009 and JP 109L while leaving the whole group of windsurfers behind and unplanning.






From my point of view it wasn't my best competition at all, although I gained very useful experience and had a spectacular time with my friends!
There always must have been some problems with my gear and weather conditions which led me to the 11st place overall. Of course, everything that happened wrong was my fault, but every time something like that happens I have a chance to learn from mistakes and try not to make them again.

When I arrived in 'Elektrenu pievos' I noticed some guys from Surfhouse planning with their colourful small sails and making nice freestyle moves. I knew that the Slalom will be very exciting. I didn't even have a thought that I could stay unplanned while others will, as I'm quite low in weight + I didn't eat much for breakfast. The conditions were also superior for my new, ready-to-use guns - 2010 Simmer SCR 7.0 and JP slalom 68 IV. So, I had a chance to shine but, unfortunately, luck didn't pay me a visit and Saturday wasn't my day for sure.

First race wasn't promising something special as I couldn't get to the starting line on time due to the lack of wind. On the other hand, I was still hoping to beat those heavy guys. But, however I didn't. I remained calm and hoped to show some magic in the following races.

Couple of races afterwards went nearly the same as the first one and I started worrying that the more I race the less chances to win I have. Luckily, the judges announced break and I had opportunity to tune my equipment perfectly. I let off a little bit on downhoul and outhoul and was sure that now no one could stop me.


However, I don't have something good to say about my races after break, but I was surprised by several people who showed real class in 3 last races:

  • First of all, Mantas Gresevičius LTU 13. This guy was unstoppable that day. I think he may even got bored sometimes while waiting us to finish. As we usually were taking 2nd down wind mark when he was crossing the finish line;
  • Paulius LTU 718 came back into the game with his 7.8 simmer;
  • Giedrius LTU 11, who started only in 6th race and still managed to grab 2nd and 6th places;
  • Rytis LTU 799 was the one who left the heavy guys behind with his small slalom gear and even took the 3rd place;

  • Gediminas Gresevičius LTU 76 who was constantly in the Top 5, except several races;




    In spite of the weak wind I really enjoyed windsurfing with all those guys. I noticed some useful tactics and gear tuning skills, saw how the leading men are competing and most important I spent a wonderful time with my friends. With no doubt I could say that windsurfing in competitions is the best way to improve both - technique and friendship.

    Thanks everyone for a great time and hope to see you soon!

    Let the wind blow!

No comments:

Post a Comment