Monday 28 March 2011

Training camp - Spain, Burriana VI

Friday 25
In the morning I was waked up by call off Pablo. He said that the waves are very good today. So I have quickly eaten my breakfast and after 30min from waking up I was in Club.
The waves were really good today. There was no wind in the morning, so the waves were very clean and open. They were about 1 meter height and easy to catch and ride. after few hour of practising I managed to catch 2 really nice waves. I was ridding them on the unbroken part and even making turns fantastic.
Later the wind started picking up and guys were rigging
FW. I decided to wait a bit cause the waves seemed to be too big for FW for me. John went out with a little of struggling, but others ... ohhh
It was scary even to watch them going out. 2 estonians were blowned away from boards and their boards and their equipment had a nice washing machine session. It was so amazing to see them later pulling up undamaged sails ... Those to events discouraged me from going out so I left sitting on the beach and watching them.
It hasn't passed half hour when the last rider Pablo successfully went out, when suddenly John has broken his mast just by pumping - strange.
Thats how the FW training camp Burriana has ended.

No comments:

Post a Comment