Monday 21 February 2011

The view back to 2010: Part 2 - Slalom

I have overviewed FW season so far and now I will go on to Slalom.

After FW races in VG spring tour we have had a wonderful slalom competition. The conditions were not really good, but they were ok. The wind was going up and down from 6m/s to 12m/s. I finished 5th and I am happy with this result.
Equipment: SS SC 7.0 and NP RS:S 6.2 + SB iSonic 94l



In Kaunas season opening races after two big FW heats we switched to Slalom. I have been falling on jibes quite a lot. So I completed the race in 6th position. I am not really happy about this result because conditions were very good, medium size chop and about 8-12m/s wind - just perfect for me. I could have done better.
Equipment: SS SC 7.0 + SB iSonic 94l

In Lithuanian cup we have had two very different days. During the first day the wind was from 5-8 m/s and during second day the wind was about 10-12m/s. After the first day I was 2nd, but during the second day I have felt to 5th position. I was sailing bad. Falling and falling and falling on jibes.
Equipment: JP Slalom III 109l + SS SC 7.0 and iSonic 94l

During the rest of the season I participated in two more races in Ventaine - Ventaine Slalom Tour and Lithuanian championship. Both of them were held in very challenging conditions. Wind from 15-17m/s and very big chop - 0.5m. I was using everything I had - wave sails 4.0 and 5.0, wave board 91l and my slalom kit(rarely).  I was not used to such conditions and I didn't have the right equipment so I finished 15th and16th. Just need some more training in such tough conditions.

All in all this slalom season was worse than the year before. Mainly because I have spent more time on FW than on Slalom. I finished 9th in all year Lithuania rankings and first in Youth and juniors.

No comments:

Post a Comment