Friday 16 August 2013

FW Europeans Day 4

Another day full of intense racing here in Liepaja.
We had 4 races in light wind but full of  action, - at least for me.
The first half of the day was terrible for me. I was going quite well, but at the first mark I almost crashed with Janis Rencis LAT - 0. I was going on starboard and he was on port, however he failed to keep clear. So on the last second I beared of and then I tried to go back upwind, but I ended up in the water. I finished the race in 23rd place.
On the second race it was all over before I even got over the starting line. Just before the start Timo Runge EST 233 came from behind and crashed into my leg. I could not continue the race so I went back to the beach.
The races after the break were much better. Even though I made some mistakes I finished 16th and 17th.
After the race I continued racing on the beach - protests. I launched protests for both accidents and I won them both. My opponents were disqualified and I got redress.

No comments:

Post a Comment