Monday 6 May 2013

BAM! 2013 season opened!

Aloha folks!

Here we are again, writing down some amazing stuff and sharing breath-taking experiences through out the year. This time we are back and ready to rock'n'roll!
We are back but don't get us wrong! Winter was a long time to make some adjustments and this time we are armed with more experience, better physical preparation and improved winners mentality.

Now, coming back to windsurfing as such, me and Rytis Jasiunas have just opened a season and yet we have some remarks to point out!



Few days ago we came to Kaunas Yacht-club. Being there alone we rigged up our gear, got in the suits, had some nice time chatting on the shore and just in a few moments our gear was put into water. I knew I have to retain some skills after the winter and I was so much excited. Rytis Jasiunas, on the other hand, was even more excited and thrilled as he got into the water first.

So, the main things to point out is that Rytis Jasiunas hasn't lost his skills during the winter. Seems like he is a monster with his new Reflex 4.  Even though he gained some weight during the winter his upwind and downwind skills were still amazing. Jibing in planning conditions and keeping stable during the gusts - that's him. Well, respect bro!

Coming back to me, I might have forgot some stuff during the winter but not a lot of time passed until my brains started remembering me things. I was super excited to be windsurfing again and pushing my fin to the edge. During that day I almost retained what I've dissolved during the winter and yup - I was almost back to game baby! Another thing is that I've found a very nice spot for my outhaul for a superb sail performance. So  the only thing left, it seems, was to sail more and more!

Now, another day came in. More wind, more windsurfers, of course more action and more things to remember! It was amazing... Steady and quite strong wind, bigger chop and less control. What I've discovered? - more weight, more gain. But still, it was a wonderful day to sail in some harder conditions, even though the wind was not so vigorous. My angle upwind was not so bad, but I couldn't use all my 6 gears for the best speed. Rytis Jasiunas, on the other hand, was faster and had better angle. Well, I have already expressed my opinion about him so I won't repeat my self.

Anyway, the sailing session was short and last for about hour and a half but the experiences were amazing. I was happy and satisfied in all means. What we did next? We put our gear into the bus, shaken hands with other fellow windsurfers and went home.

SEASON OPENED! HERE WE COME!

Stay tuned,
Arnas Bušmanas















1 comment: