Friday 7 September 2012

RS:X Lithuanian Championship, Nida

Hi fellows!

After a long gap between competitions and blog writing I am back again with some great news from my latest experiences.

This weekend we had a really nice RS:X competition in Nida where we were pleased to have a great planning conditions! 3 days, 8 races and wind up to 10-12m/s. Sounds hell a lot of fun!

At first day, we had 3 races with average wind of about 7-8m/s. In all races I was making decent starts from the starboard tack and was going fast enough to take 3 3rd places in a row. I was happy in one way, but was upset for not taking higher places. Actually, there wasn't a lot of thrilling action as we were going very stable from the very beginning of the start until the finish line.

At the second day, the wind was slightly lighter what forced us to pump on the upwind leg and let us plan on the half-wind and downwind legs. Again, everything went smoothly, steady and in control. That day we, again, had 3 races and I again took 3 3rd places consecutively. It seemed that 3 was becoming the magic number of the championship.
All first places were easily taken by Juozas Bernotas LTU 14, our first olimpyc windsurfing sailor, and second places were definitely reserved for Martynas Juodeska LTU 1. After the second day 3rd place belonged to me.

And here we go with the last day of the competition! All podium sailors were clear after the first two days and we just had to sail 2 more races to complete RS:X Lithuanian Championship. This day was by far the windiest day of the competition with wind reaching up to 10-12m/s. No rain, sun penetrating through the clouds and strong wind was the key things for me to end the competition. We put a little more pressure on the outhaul, prepared mentally for some unexpected catapults, took some mineral water "Vytautas" to get some fresh minerals and head straight on the water. The last day nothing changed as far as results are concerned. I took 2 3rd places and lets say I was satisfied of 3rd place in overall results.

I am really happy about this championship as I had a chance to improve my upwind abilities in the strong winds and of course had a fantastic time with my beloved friends Martynas Juodeska, Paulius Voverys, Juozas Bernotas, Darius Daraska and all the small growing champions trained by Darius Daraska. Guys, you make those days worth living!

So, that's it for now folks!

Today I am going to Kintai, Lithuanian Slalom Championship. I really hope not to make painful mistakes and perform well in both blasting speed and pro jibing areas. Ahh, I am super excited to have a chance to compete against strongest Lithuania's sailors. Looking forward to it!!!

See you soon!
Take care,

Arnas Bušmanas

No comments:

Post a Comment