Sunday 22 July 2012

ISAF Day 6 and 7

Last two days of competition weren't really successful for me. In Day 6 I finished really badly in 29th and 27th positions as the winds were marginal and I continued making mistakes. Although the gap from me to other sailors is getting smaller and smaller. I can feel that I sail faster and smarter than in the beginning of the regatta.
On the last day of the race the wind was very light around 3-6 knots. Thus the speed of sailor depended more on pumping than on sailors weight. After an abandoned race and a general recall we started racing. I had the best start of race in non-planing conditions and sailed well all the race finishing in 16th position as I counted. I was very happy of my performance. Unfortunately when I came back in yacht club I saw that I got BFD - fallstart under black flag. So during the last two days I dropped down to 23rd place in overall.


Anyway I am really happy that I got chance to participate in this competition. I learned so many things here. Starting with how to plane with RSX and ending up with tactical and strategic knowledge provided by Hugh Styles.
But of course the most important are the people that I met and got to know here - BIG THANKS for them


Blanca Alabau, Tomas Vieito, Hugh Styles, all Lithuanian Team, Valentina Serigos, Jeanne Dantes, Kiran Badloe, Dimosthenis Papaleonardos, JS Fugere, Lucas Gozalez, son and dad Tugaryev's and all other people that I met and communicated with all week. This was one of the best weeks in my life. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment