Saturday 30 June 2012

Baltic Cup Tallin Day 1&2

Even if there was no wind for formula racing yeasterday, we had nice action today.
All in all there were 5 races completed in gusty and shifty 10-20 knots strong wind. 2 races, lunch break and 3 races more.
Conditions reminded me Sopot, just the gusts were less agrresive. I like such conditions, perhaps not that I like them really much, but I get best results in such races.
Out of 5 races I scored well in 4 of them and messed up in the last one. 6  -  7  -  5  -  8  -  19.
In second, fourth and fift races I have had crashes. First two were stupid falls on gybes and the last one on tack. During my first crash I have bruises my knee and cracked my lip. So I was a bit bloody for some time :)
If you want to be in Top 10 in such conditions you have to be very good at anticipating conditions and at seeing gusts.
After 5 races I am in 5th position overall, first youth and first lithuanian.
Janis Preiss is leading the event, followed by two frenchies - Yoane Fleury FRA 730 and Valentin Brault FRA 873. After them Thomas Molder, - he wasn't  fast in the first two races, but he finished with tacking two bullets.

No comments:

Post a Comment